Bidding, Contract Award and CA Webinar
Register now – deadline is April 8, 2019!
The RAIC Emerging Practitioners group have developed a comprehensive and interactive Contract Administration live webinar and lecture session with CA expert, CHOP contributor and experienced instructor Jim Mansfield and Senior Contract Administrator, Michael Paquette. This advanced course goes beyond the reference materials into the practical application of the procedures and theory giving you insights to Bidding & Contract Award and Contract Administration you could not learn by studying alone.
Earn 10 Structured/Core continuing education credits for participating.
This is also an excellent opportunity for those writing the 2019 ExAC exams and is why the RAIC Emerging Practitioners group initially developed this comprehensive and interactive Contract Administration live webinar and lecture session. This advanced course goes beyond the reference materials into the practical application of the procedures and theory giving you insights to Bidding & Contract Award and Contract Administration you could not learn by studying alone.
Date: Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14
Times: 11:00am-4:30pm EST, with a half hour break from approx. 12:30-1:00pm EST (both days)
Location for those attending in person: KPMB Architects – 351 King St E., Suite 1200, Toronto.
Cost: $200 for RAIC Members, Please select the ‘pay later’ option to receive the member discount*.
$300 for non-members
Instructor, Jim Mansfield, has 40+ years of contract administration experience, including hospitals, airports, and large scale commercial developments. Jim taught project management at Ryerson University for 25 years, lectured to the OAA admissions course on contract administration, was an instructor at George Brown College for specification writing, and developed and taught the construction management course for the OGCA. Mr. Mansfield is a Registered Specification Writer, on the RSW admissions committee.
Michael Paquette has over 30 years experience as an Architectural Project Manager and Contract Administrator. Having completed projects in healthcare, defence, corrections, federal and provincial institutions, education and commercial using various forms of Contract, Michael shares his experience of these projects and delivery models. A regular instructor with CSC for the PCD and CCCA programs, Michael also leads the QA/QC group with his current employer where he is a Senior Associate. Michael is an accredited Architectural Technologist with the AATO and member of CSC Ottawa Chapter.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the key parties during bidding, contract award, construction, and contract closeout;
- Learn the practical application of the Canadian Handbook of Practice and ExAC General and Specific Requirements
- Explore the following course topics:
- Methods of project delivery
- Decisions to be taken before bidding
- Procedures for bid calls
- Bid documents – contract documents – construction documents
- Alternatives, separate prices, unit prices, itemized prices, cash allowances
- Schedules, completion dates
- Bonds & Insurances
- Distribution of bid documents, receiving bids, reviewing bids
- Analyzing bids
- Contract negotiations and award
- Pre-construction Meeting
- Construction Schedules
- Progress Payments, Holdback and Partial Release of Holdback
- Submittals by the Contractor Instructions and clarifications
- Procedures for making changes to the construction contract
- Project Meetings
- Inspection & Testing general review
- Contract close-out procedures
- Your chance to ask the expert the questions you need answered
- Available online or attend in person
- RAIC Member discount
- RAIC Certificate of attendance for 10 hours of Structured/Core Continuing Education
The 2019 Canada-wide schedule by time zone
The webinar will be broadcast live on the dates indicated above. The table below indicates the schedule across time zones in Canada.
The ExAC is an experience based exam. It is the practical application of knowledge acquired through education and readings that will support examination success. Taking this course without applying the knowledge gained through practice may not result in examination success. Neither the Webinar, nor the content of the course have been reviewed by the CExAC (Committee for the Examination for Architects in Canada).