RAIC EP Bidding & Contract Award and Contract Admin Webinar 2018 Saturday, April 28th and Sunday April 29th Live from Toronto – Attend in person or watch it live via webinar (UPDATE – Address and room number for those attending in person is updated below)
Be successful in the ExAC exams in 2018. Your success is important not only to your career but to the profession; this is why the RAIC Emerging Practitioners group have developed a comprehensive and interactive Contract Administration live webinar and lecture session with CA expert, CHOP contributor and experienced instructor Jim Mansfield and Senior Contract Administrator, Michael Paquette. This advanced course goes beyond the reference materials into the practical application of the procedures and theory giving you insights to Bidding & Contract Award and Contract Administration you could not learn by studying alone.
This Webinar is presented at an advanced level, it is intended for students who are familiar with the reference materials, are currently working in the construction industry, and have some experience with these project stages.
Instructor, Jim Mansfield, has 40+ years of contract administration experience, including hospitals, airports, and large scale commercial developments. Jim taught project management at Ryerson University for 25 years, lectured to the OAA admissions course on contract administration, was an instructor at George Brown College for specification writing, and developed and taught the construction management course for the OGCA. Mr. Mansfield is a Registered Specification Writer, on the RSW admissions committee.
Michael Paquette has over 30 years experience as an Architectural Project Manager and Contract Administrator. Having completed projects in healthcare, defence, corrections, federal and provincial institutions, education and commercial using various forms of Contract, Michael shares his experience of these projects and delivery models. A regular instructor with CSC for the PCD and CCCA programs, Michael also leads the QA/QC group with his current employer where he is a Senior Associate. Michael is an accredited Architectural Technologist with the AATO and member of CSC Ottawa Chapter.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the key parties during bidding, contract award, construction, and contract closeout;
- Learn the practical application of the Canadian Handbook of Practice and ExAC General and Specific Requirements
- Explore the following course topics:
- Methods of project delivery
- Decisions to be taken before bidding
- Procedures for bid calls
- Bid documents – contract documents – construction documents
- Alternatives, separate prices, unit prices, itemized prices, cash allowances
- Schedules, completion dates
- Bonds & Insurances
- Distribution of bid documents, receiving bids, reviewing bids
- Analyzing bids
- Contract negotiations and award
- Pre-construction Meeting
- Construction Schedules
- Progress Payments, Holdback and Partial Release of Holdback
- Submittals by the Contractor Instructions and clarifications
- Procedures for making changes to the construction contract
- Project Meetings
- Inspection & Testing general review
- Contract close-out procedures
- Your chance to ask the expert the questions you need answered
- Available online or attend in person
- RAIC Membership discount
- Give yourself the advantage – 25% of examinees failed the ExAc in 2017
- RAIC Certificate of attendance for 8 hours of Structured/Core Continuing Education
- All registrants attending in person will receive a free TSA architecture tour ticket
Date: Saturday, April 28th and Sunday, April 29th
Location for those attending in person: University of Toronto, Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design (1 Spadina Crescent, Room 240) – NOTE: All registrants attending in person will receive a free TSA architecture tour ticket.
Cost: $200 for RAIC Members; $300 for non-members
Canada-wide schedule by time zone
The webinar will be broadcast live on the dates indicated above. The table below indicates the schedule across time zones in Canada.
|8 a.m.||9 a.m.||10 a.m.||11 a.m.||noon||12:30 p.m.|
|12 a.m.||1 p.m.||2 p.m.||3 p.m.||4 p.m.||4:30 p.m.|
The ExAC is an experience based exam. It is the practical application of knowledge acquired through education and readings that will support examination success. Taking this course without applying the knowledge gained through practice may not result in examination success. Neither the Webinar, nor the content of the course have been reviewed by the CExAC (Committee for the Examination for Architects in Canada).